|ARANNET Aranjuez Magazine|
|Tourist places of Aranjuez (Part 2)|
Church of San Antonio
|Trades and Gentlemen house
Church of Alpajés
San Carlos Hospital
|More tourist places (3/3)|
|Reigning Felipe V it was built in
the Prince's Garden, by the
seashore of Tajo, an Atarazana or small arsenal so it
could be used as a cover and conservation to the launches
or gigs that during its springs stays in this Royal Place
the kings were using them for its navigation by the
That fleet, that was known by the square of the Tajo, got destroyed during the War of the Independence.
In this museum are kept part of those gigs and vessels as well as nautical objects from times of the king Carlos III.
|The ancient zone of Aranjuez has been
asserted Historical- Artistic Set by be processed
of a singular case of baroque urbanism.
Its blueprint is a work of Giacomo Bonavia in 1747, who designed a 1,000 m sided square limited by the Infanta streets, Pit, Highway of Andalusia and bullring.
It is of reticular mesh, even housings and spacious streets, the main them are wooded. In the perimeter of the Ancient Zonel there are found:
|Trades and Gentlemen
|Built by Juan of Herrera according to flat of Gómez Mora. They are built from porticos in its three fronts.|
|Church of San Antonio
|Religious building devoted to San
Antonio, according to a project from the architect Isidro
González Padua and commissioned to Santiago
Bonavía by Fernando VI.
Enhanced by Carlos III, in its chapel and cells with refectory for the monks. The arches gallery and supportings that bind the church with the Infant Houses, Gentlemen and Trades is a work of the architect Jaime Marquet in the year 1767.
|Infants house (1773)
|Civil building, commissioned by Carlos III, for housing of the Infants Gabriel and Antonio and their families. It is a work of the royall architect Manuel Serrano.|
| Church of Alpajés
|Religious building, built in various eras, in the place where an old hermitage devoted to St Marcus Evangelist was located. The architects Rodríguez of Jarama, Santiago Bonavía, Alejandro González Velázquez and other worked in its interior design and facade.|
|Royal Theatre (1767)
|Theatrical coliseum, built by Carlos III, work of the architect Jaime Marquet. Intended for the mapping of comedies and Spanish tragedies and Italian opera, harbored a cinematograph room, with the name of Great Theatre Master Guerrero. Currently it is in restoration.|
|Supplies market (1899)
|Civil building, work of the architect Enrique Sánchez Sedeño, that accomplishes one of the first iron architectures in Spain. It has a 3.000 m2 surface, distributed in four ships and a covered courtyard.|
|Hospital of San Carlos
|Civil building built by Carlos III, under
the management of Manuel Serrano, intended for
hospital for the servers and personnel from the Royal
It was enhanced by Carlos IV and restored by Isabel II, it was hospital elders asylum of the Daughters of the Charity and current headquarters of cultural municipal equipments.