|ARANNET Aranjuez Magazine|
|History of Aranjuez (Until the XVIIIth century)|
|The successors of Felipe II continued his work. Felipe III sorts the tracing of the Twelve Streets and new sources. Felipe IV plant 400.000 mulberrys to stimulate the silk production. They are installed new sources in the Garden of the Island. They were lifted templetes and the set Royal Palace, Garden of the Island, Tajo and Sea of Ontígola, is converted into stage of the so called Royal Sessions, that they were the center of the life of Aranjuez in the XVIIth Century. In the Royal Place there were living ten hundred families of raised, to the service of the king. It is created the Royal Medicine and the Alpajés Church.|
|With the dynasty change, the Royal Place offers new changes. Felipe V, first of the Spanish Bourbons, builds the Royal Palace. They are seven hundred persons to the service of the king yet and are dictated new ordinances, that establish the Greater Mayor position. Hunt is forbidden and the first steps to enlarge the incipient population are given, with the Garden of the Parterre, the accesses to the Place and several notable constructions. Fernando VI sorts to make a plan of new population, whose traced entrusts to Santiago Bonavia in 1747, with subsequent contributions with Sabatini and Juan de Villanueva. There are lifted houses and squares and new streets, as well as buildings, with a design in the one which prevails the honest line, the perspective, the uniformity and the monumentality.|
|With the Illustration and Carlos
III, Aranjuez collects its definitive summit in
reforms and introductions. Already with 2.593 inhabitants
in 1786, there are lifted houses, hospices, chapels,
convents, quarters and the Personnel House, today
headquarters of the town hall. At
the same time, several lords lift their estates and
houses, being increased the public offices and housings.
Also they were carried out important agricultural
experiences: the Royal Farmhouse of San Isidro and the
Flemish Field in the Pasture of Otos. However the
agriculture were prostrateed before some excessive and
offensive ordinances, with the rate in kind, that was
tormenting to colonists and lessees. It is produced a shy
commercial and industrial summit.
An era of brilliance in the Royal Place is terminated with Carlos IV. It is built the Garden of the Principe in the one which worked, among other, the architect Juan de Villanueva, the sculptor Dumandré and the gardener Boutelou. They were installed some sources and a harbour for the «Square of the Tajo», formed by gigs, leissure vessels of the king, that were furrowing the river. In the Prince's Garden there is built the Farmer's House, hunt pavilion of the bourbons; the Chinesses and the Sailors House. And in the population, the Infants House and the Godoy and Medinaceli Dukes Palace. It were approached a historical era of special starring for Aranjuez.